Soon we're taking a trip to Scotland, the Fatherland!
I've only been a handful of times before, so I'm quite excited. We're starting the trip by visiting family near Glasgow, friends in Edinburgh and then a few nights on the East Coast, holed up in a fishing village near Fife. Ideally we'd be going for longer than a week. This time we won't be able to visit the Highlands or the West Coast unfortunately. Next time I'd love to go to some of the Scottish Isles.
I've made a couple of short plans for the week already...
1. Walk Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh and visit Edinburgh Castle. These are both pretty obvious really, unless you're not a walker and then I'd cross of Arthur's seat! However I've got quite used to hiking up hills since getting Ted, so I'm ready for the challenge.
2. Buy some of my clan tartan, yes really, preferably with clan coat of arms embroidered!
I'm secretly very proud to have a cool coat of arms!
3. Take a trip to Loch Lomond, north west of Glasgow.
I've been to Loch Lomond before but it offers such great walks that it has to be done again.
4. Visit St Andrews Castle, yes, big castle fan!
St Andrew looks beautiful and if we get time I'd love to visit the University too. It's one of the oldest universities in the world.
5. Take afternoon tea, possibly at The Willow Tea Rooms in Glasgow, beautifully designed by Rennie Mackintosh.
5. Visit Rosslyn Chapel, outside Edinburgh, this will probably disappoint me in real life but I can't help being curious abut it after it was brought to fame in The Da Vinci code.
If you have any suggestions about what to do in Scotland, I'd love to hear from you!
p.s family coat of arms below, I'm such a geek!